Eggless egg salad on sweet potato toast
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained (not Silken–a test proved it to be unsatisfactory)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black salt (available at Indian markets or online) or sea salt or to taste
- 2 stalks of celery, trimmed, sliced vertically into 4 strips and sliced thinly crosswise
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- Mash tofu with salt in a medium-size bowl using a potato masher or a fork.
- Fold in celery with a fork. Whisk together all remaining ingredients except additional salt, black pepper.
- Pour over tofu mixture and mash until dressing is completely incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and sugar if needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Slice sweet potato like a toast slice and put into the toaster.
- Top with eggless egg salad and serve.