- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp sachi inch powder (or your choice of protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 10 minutes. This will act as the buttermilk.
- While the milk is sitting aside, add the rolled oats, sacha inchi powder, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon into a blender and blend until oats have turned into a flour-like consistency.
- Pour the dry mixture into a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients, including the milk and stir until just combine. Do not over-stir!
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Using the recommended amount of batter, add to your waffle machine and cook until golden brown! This recipe made 2 full waffles for me, but it will depend on the size of your machine.
- Top with your favorites and enjoy!