Vegan Espresso Chip Muffins
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1/4 vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour of choice
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or use a silicon tin
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a middle sized bowl until well combined. (sift the dry ingredients, if you deal with clumpy flour or cocao )
- In a small bowl, mix together the freshly made espresso (or water plus coffee), flax egg,banana, avocado, vanilla,almond milk.
- Combine both the dry and the wet bowls ingredients.
- with a spoon place the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, but check with a bamboo skewer already at 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan
Optional: coconut sugar to sprinkle on top (do this before baking)